Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) is responsible for proactively soliciting new residential mortgage business by continually identifying, developing, and maintaining a network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. This network may consist of real estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, and other referral sources, and is enhanced by the MLO’s regular participation in business related development opportunities and professional organizations.
The MLO responds to prospective borrower inquiries and referrals that are generated from both his own contacts and from other Audubon Savings Bank channels. The MLO meets with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit information, assess the applicant’s financing objectives, advise the applicant of the Bank’s products and pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional information that is required. The MLO ensures superior service by meeting with applicants, as necessary, and providing ongoing communication with applicants during all phases of the mortgage application process.
The MLO must maintain a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s lending programs, policies, and procedures. The MLO must also maintain strict adherence to regulatory requirements, ensure conformity with all federal and state compliance policies, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to professional ethics.
New Business Development
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with business referral sources and existing and prospective Bank customers through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting, and networking activities
- Continually prospect for new mortgage lending opportunities
- Work closely with commercial loan officers, lending staff, and branch managers to promote cross-sale opportunities and obtain referrals
Loan Application Process
- Respond to all inquiries regarding residential mortgages
- Meet with prospective borrowers and assist them in completing the loan application
- Collect, review, and analyze financial and credit information
- Determine the applicant’s financing goals and objectives and make appropriate mortgage product recommendations
- Determine pricing based on the Bank’s established guidelines and procedures; advise applicant of pricing and lock rate, as required
- Identify appropriate opportunities to sell additional Bank products and services
- Collect all supporting documentation as required and provide complete loan application to the loan processing staff
- Meet with applicants, as necessary, and provide ongoing communication with applicants during all phases of the mortgage application process
- Attend the loan closing whenever possible
Professional Knowledge and Development
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all Bank lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain an understanding of the Bank’s mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures
- Complete all Bank compliance training on an ongoing basis
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations governing real estate lending
- Develop and maintain working relationships with branch staff, and provide guidance on how to recognize a loan opportunity and cross-sell residential mortgages and home equity loans
- Maintain an understanding of secondary market sale criteria and requirements
- Maintain current registration with NMLS
- Adhere to all compliance requirements of the SAFE Act
- Regularly assess the competitive marketplace and make recommendations to ensure that the Bank remains competitive
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Qualified candidates can submit their resume by using our online employment application HERE.
Audubon Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.